Sunday, March 18, 2012

Recipe: Butternut Squash Cupcakes (GAPS FRIENDLY)

If there is anything my husband is needing right now, it's comfort food. But baking in the GAPS world can get pretty expensive, so I was thrilled about this recipe! Another thing I love about this recipe is that you don't feel like your eating GAPS, it tastes totally illegal! And I was really excited to have something so moist to use in place of birthday cakes! I got this recipe off of SAHMville, one of my favorite sites! You want to see an amazing GAPS recovery story for autism, you gotta check out her site!!
 

So instead of using Pumpkin I used Butternut Squash, nice and sweet. And I did use the same Meringue Frosting she uses, it is delish and GAPS friendly also. What I did do different is cut the cupcakes in half and loaded on some frosting and placed a dollop on top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, cute!! The thing I noticed, after an hour or so; the cupcake completely soaked up the frosting inside and it just, MMMMM, made it explode with flavor in your mouth!! AMAZING!!! You will blow people away when you tell them your on a diet!! :)
 
ENJOY!!
 
Jeannie

2 comments:

  1. Jeannie, that looks awesome! I'm so glad that you tried it with butternut squash. Now that you've tested it I can add it to our recipe list.

    We're still on GAPS Intro. In the past couple weeks we've added in ghee and soaked sunflower seeds. This week I'm planning on adding in fresh lettuce drenched in homemade vinegar/olive oil dressing. Sam continues to heal at a slow, steady pace.

    Keep up the great work; you're doing AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just love to tell people about your amazing son! We are basically on full GAPS right now until I introduce my baby girl to solids, then we will start intro.. I'm ready for some deep healing, but I already feel sooo much better!

      Delete